Investor RelationsMeridian Senior Living has the expertise, platform, and acknowledged experience to increase top-line revenue while providing an unparalleled quality of care and services on an affordable basis. The Company's reputation and success is determined by the satisfaction of its owners and investors.
Delivering intuitive business intelligence and financial analytics of the highest level, Meridian's core competency is developing and managing communities that achieve their full potential in the most profitable manner possible.
Meridian specializes in the management of assisted living, independent living, and memory care communities. The Company possesses the proven ability to comprehend the business and operating climate of any market, driving top-line revenues to achieve maximum profitability. The three performance benchmarks of every community managed by Meridian are the achievement of uncompromised quality, reputation and profitability.
Meridian's continued growth and success is built upon a three-pronged operating platform:
A Performance-Driven Management Team
- Internal Revenue Growth
- Operating Expertise
- Significant, Sustainable EBITDA Increases
- Centralized Purchasing
- Efficient Billing & Collections
- Human Resources
- Integrated Accounting, Finance & IT Systems
- Legal & Regulatory Compliance
- Leveraged Back Office Support
- Cost-saving Applications
- Efficient Conversion to Meridian Operating Policies & Procedures
- Identified, Developed Pipeline
- Staffing & Operations Management Transition
Meridian has built an operating infrastructure geared toward flexibility and success in today's world of tightening margins, reduced government reimbursement and the challenging competitive environment of the 21st Century. The Company is, and has been active in all facets of the senior living industry including but not limited to:
- Consultant Services
The Company's business is concentrated in four major sectors:
- Assisted Living
- Memory Care
- Independent Living
- Management Services
Meridian's senior management group possesses more than a century of experience in the successful management and operation of senior living communities. Management functions include:
- Accounting & Finance
- Human Resources
- Management Information Systems
- emory Care
- Operations Management
- Planning & Development
- Quality Assurance
- Regulatory Compliance
- Risk Management
Meridian provides comprehensive management services to in to independent and related-party owners of senior living communities, and treats each subject property 'as if it was our own' to ensure the efficient, productive, and profitable operation of the facility. Major management functions provided by Meridian Senior Living include, but are not necessarily limited to the following:
Accounting & Finance, including:
- Accounts Payable
- Accounts Receivable
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Reporting
- Medicaid Billing & Collection
- Payroll Processing
- Resident Billing & Collection
- Benefits Administration & Management
- Compensation Administration
- Employee Handbooks & Manuals
- Employee Recordkeeping
- Policies & Procedures
- Recruitment & Staffing
- Regulatory Compliance
- Analytics Review & Tracking
- Forms Compliance
- System Configuration & Management
- Broadcast & Print Production
- Demand Anaylses
- Market Planning
- b Site Development & Management
- Cost Control
- Dietary Management
- Facility Management
- Labor Management
- Maintenance & Facility Plant Management
- Management Information System
- Management Reporting
- Memory Care Services
- Operating Policies & Procedures
- Personal Care
- Systems & Controls
- Coordination & Management of outside pharmacy services
- Internal Oversight
- Policies & Procedures
- QuickMAR electronic medication administration
- Internal Audit & Review
- Personal Care Best Practices
- Regulatory Compliance
The Meridian approach offers several major advantages to client investors and owners:
- Convergent Operating Philosophies: Meridian is committed to providing the highest possible quality of care and services to residents, on a highly profitable basis.
- Self-Contained Operating Entity: Each client operates as a distinct operating unit, with fully-disclosed financial reporting, management information systems, and absolutely no co-mingling of management company funds or management responsibilities; thereby offering each client immediate, ongoing access to all pertinent data regarding the facility.
- Outstanding Management Team: Meridian Senior Living brings a seasoned, experienced, and dedicated management team (thoroughly familiar with the industry and the regulatory environment) to serve each client's best interests.
- Proven Track Record of Success: With eighty-one (81) facilities currently under management, Meridian understands the operating synergies of a true partnership structure with all major objectives and goals aligned for success.
Meridian's nationwide network of senior living communities is situated to benefit from the growth and increasing demand in the industry. Meridian possesses the following competitive advantages.
Broad Spectrum of Care & Services
Given Meridian's diverse mix of independent living centers, assisted living communities and memory care communities, the Company is able to meet a wide range of residents' needs. As one of the few companies in the senior living industry with this capability, Meridian believes that the Company's multiple product offerings create marketing synergies and cross-selling opportunities.
Efficiencies of Scale & Scope
As one of the largest operators of senior living communities in the United States based on total capacity, the size of Meridian's business allows the Company to realize cost savings and economies of scale in the procurement of employee benefits, equipment, food, goods and services, and commercial insurance coverages. Meridian intends to continue to utilize the Company's expertise and size to capitalize on economies of scale resulting from its national platform. Meridian's geographic footprint and centralized infrastructure provide a significant operational advantage over local and regional operators of senior living communities. In addition, the Company has and will continue to consolidate corporate functions such as accounting, finance, human resources, legal, information technology and marketing. Meridian began to realize these savings upon completion of the Company's formation transactions and has realized additional savings as the Company continues to consolidate and integrate various additional corporate functions. Management support services have been designed to be cost-effective and redundant in both application and performance.
Diversified Community Network
The Company's regional operating structure across an 11-state national network allows for adaptation to local markets and communities, while still minimizing the negative effects of economic downturns and fluctuating market conditions. Geographic diversification also moderates uncontrollable variations by state(s) in terms of regulatory compliance and development. And Meridian's diversification of services and service delivery (in part through vertical integration of key providers) produces positive operating efficiencies and cost savings.
Meridian's senior leadership team possesses over a century of experience in the successful management of senior living communities; with extensive experience in acquiring, operating and managing a broad range of senior living assets, including experience in the senior living, healthcare, hospitality and real estate industries. Their industry knowledge, relationships, and proprietary methods/procedures provides Meridian with one of its key strengths. Both individually and as a group, these executives will continue to develop new operating efficiencies, obtain access to capital, and generate new investment and joint venture partnerships.
Exclusive Marketing Approach
Meridian employs a proprietary direct marketing system that not only yields faster, quality census-building -- but results in longer-term residents and the development of qualified waiting lists of prospective residents. This system relies heavily upon the establishment of personal relationships with local referral sources and centers of influence in each Meridian community.
Typically, 80%+ of the Company's marketing and sales effort is directed to local referral sources, and 20% direct approach to potential residents and their families. With the likelihood of one referral source bringing/directing several or more residents a year, the emphasis on relationship-building with these centers of influence is not only effective, it is efficient.