It’s great news if you are fully vaccinated against COVID-19! Now the question is: how can you keep yourself and others safe?
Research on how the vaccine impacts the spread of COVID-19 is still ongoing; however, we have learned that there is some protection provided for fully vaccinated individuals. People are fully vaccinated two weeks after their second dose of the Pfizer or Moderna vaccine; or two weeks after being administered one dose of the Johnson and Johnson’s vaccine.
According to the CDC, fully vaccinated residents and team members can:
- Resume pre-pandemic activities without wearing a mask or staying 6 feet apart except where federal, state, or local laws, rules and regulations require it.
- Travel within the U.S. without a test (either pre/post-travel).
- Travel within the U.S. without quarantining after travel.
- Travel outside the U.S. without a pre-travel test (subject to destination) but should get tested 3-5 days post-travel.
- Travel outside the U.S. without quarantining after travel.
- Do not need to stay away from others or get tested if you have been around someone with COVID-19 unless your workplace requires testing.
Fully vaccinated residents and team members should continue to:
- Follow the state and local guidance.
- Wear a mask on all forms of public transportation.
- Get tested 3-5 days after arriving in the U.S. after international travel.
- Monitor yourself for COVID-19 symptoms; get tested and stay away from others if you have symptoms.
- Discuss activities with your healthcare provider if you have a weakened immune system to protect yourself.
As our communities start to open up, we will continue to follow best safety practices to keep all residents and team members safe. For current or potential residents who wish to get the vaccine and have not already, we are happy to assist with appointment scheduling and transportation.
*Meridian Senior Living (MSL) does not engage in the practice of medicine. MSL, its staff, and employees are not physicians, and nothing herein should be construed as offering any medical treatment, advice, recommendations or opinions. MSL was not involved in the research, development, production or approval of any COVID-19 Vaccine, and has no financial interest in the development, production, distribution or administration of any COVID-19 vaccine. MSL does not make, and specifically disavows, any warranties, representations, opinions or comments on the effectiveness, safety, risks, dangers, or side effects of taking or not taking any COVID-19 Vaccine. If you have any questions or concerns as to the appropriateness of the use of the vaccine for yourself or a loved one please consult with and seek advice from your medical doctor or a physician of your choice.