We understand the challenges you face in providing care and resources to your loved one. Now more than before, your support system may be smaller, your ability to get out with your loved one may be impossible, and anxiety may be at an all-time high. The CDC addresses stress during COVID-19 and specifically mentions:
- Fear and worry about your own health and the health of your loved ones
- Changes in sleep or eating patterns
- Difficulty sleeping or concentrating
- Worsening of chronic health problems
- Increased use of alcohol, tobacco, or other drugs It’s important to find time to take a break, safely, from your situation.
A virtual support group like the one we offer will give you an opportunity to meet others in a similar situation, ask questions, vent, and seek assistance in managing/confronting your feelings at a time that can be difficult. Sometimes just having time to do something on your own is the break you need. Before COVID-19, our support group was held at our community, and we’ve adjusted the format for safety and accessibility. On our monthly webinar, you can expect:
- Caregivers to have an opportunity to offer and receive support from others in the group.
- Important social interaction both with the facilitator and others on the webinar.
- An open forum for questions and shared feelings
- A chance to just listen and learn if you aren’t comfortable sharing. You are also welcome to share a question with the facilitator via email after the webinar or call the community and speak to the Memory Care Director or Executive Director.
Contact us today to find out when we’ll host our next support group. We’re here for you.