Below are the mandatory guidelines for visitation at The Country House in Westchester provided by the state of New York.
- All visits are prearranged by Visitor calling the community at (914) 962-3625, at minimum, 24 hours in advance.
- The Country House is only permitted to allow visitation to 10% of their current in-house census daily.
- Visitors must call the front desk to announce that they have arrived.
- Employee will greet visitors by the first pole of the main entrance (do not cross lines as noted) and complete Visitor temperature and screening log, maintaining 6 feet distance at all times.
- Visitors who are noted by The Country House staff to have fever or other symptoms of acute respiratory illness (e.g., cough or shortness of breath) or does not meet survey criteria; should be instructed to leave the facility and seek care if needed.
- Visitors and Residents must wear appropriate masks at all times. (Please be especially attentive to wearing a mask over your nose and mouth at all times).
- Visitors must use hand sanitizer.
- The visitor will be directed to the Gazebo area via driveway and grass to the right of main doors. Outdoor visits are only allowed, as weather permits. There is no inside visitation at this time.
- Visitors must remain in the designated areas and not approach Resident(s). Maintaining 6 feet distance at all times. If any Resident approaches the Visitor, the Visitor must use absolute caution and back away from the Resident immediately.
- Visitors must be 18 years old or older, or accompanied by an adult 18 years or older.
- Visits will be supervised by a staff member of The Country House and NYS DOH (if applicable).
- Visitation area will be cleaned and disinfected between all visits.
- Visitation is limited to 30-minute intervals with 3 or fewer Visitors during each visitation period.
- Visitation hours are Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday from 10 am. to 12 pm. and from 2 pm. to 4 pm.
If any Visitor fails to adhere to the protocol, he/she/they will be prohibited from visiting during the duration of the COVID-19 state declared public health emergency.
Visitors are strongly discouraged from visiting residents who are at increased risk for severe illness from COVID-19.
Visitors must understand the potential risks associated with providing visitation. There is always a risk of transmission of the virus going forward.
Visiting hours are subject to change. Notification will be given with all changes to residents and their contacts.
For more information, please call us directly.