Atrium at Liberty Park recognizes that family and human connections are one of the most important aspects of physical, mental, and emotional well-being for an individual and that residents who desire it are allowed the right to see their relatives and friends while maintaining community health and safety standards.
The community’s Executive Director (or trained designee) will monitor and direct the training and implementation of all aspects of the visitation policies and procedures.
Types of Visits allowed:
In-person visitation during normal visiting hours will be encouraged in all social, family, or professional situations, and allowed in the following special situations, unless the resident objects:
- End-of-life care.
- A resident who was living with family before moving in and is struggling with the change in environment and lack of in-person family support.
- The resident is making one or more major medical decisions.
- A resident is experiencing emotional distress or grieving the loss of a friend or family member who recently passed away.
- A resident needs cueing or encouragement to eat or drink which was previously provided by a family member or caregiver.
- A resident who used to talk and interact with others is seldom speaking.
- A resident designated essential caregiver (family member, friend, guardian, or other individual prior identified as an essential caregiver) is requested by the resident.
For the safety of residents, staff and visitors, individuals visiting the community will be required to:
- Sign a visitation log (this is to insure that, in case of an emergency, staff know how many people need to be accounted for).
- Submit to a non-invasive temperature screening (to minimize the possibility of infectious disease transmission).
- Follow all community policies and procedures required of residents and/or staff, including requirements for personal protective equipment, when appropriate (for example: restrictions required by State or Local Departments of Health for quarantine, wearing of masks, etc.).
To help ensure that resident rights and preferences are adhered to, and community decorum is maintained:
- Groups of visitors for an individual resident shall be limited to four (4) individuals unless prior notice is given to community management or special accommodations are made (for example: birthday parties, etc.).
- Resident preferences for physical contact are respected (e.g.: hugging, etc.).
The above guidelines are subject to change therefor the information above might not reflect our guidelines today. Kindly call and ask to speak with our Executive Director if you have any questions.