It depends on the state. Some states have recently opened up visitation to family visitation by appointment and in-person tours by appointment. Visitors are still required to adhere to our policies and guidelines, like masks and temperature taking. We recommend reaching out to your local community to find out if you can visit. In most of our communities, visitation is still restricted to only essential visitors, including providers of essential health services and procedures, compassion visits, and vital situations as determined by the Executive Director. In late June, we implemented Table Talks at our communities as permitted by state and local authorities, which allows outdoor visitation by family members and their loved one while complying with social distancing guidelines. To find out if Table Talks is offered, contact your local community.
The Right Choice Now. The Right Choice Tomorrow
Today’s families are navigating new realities and envisioning new futures with a deep focus on the safety, health and well-being of their most vulnerable members. But here’s a bit of good news: Meridian Senior Living communities are safer than ever.
In March of 2020, we took swift action to address the COVID-19 pandemic and protect our residents, team members and communities from the spread of the virus. We implemented new policies and procedures, increased staff training and education — and we didn’t stop there. Screening and testing are now our safety best practices. Our communities also adhere to all relevant guidelines from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) as well as local and state Department of Health guidelines.
Community living still offers older adults a daily dose of socialization along with a greater sense of security and safety. And we’re committed to keeping it that way.
We're Prepared for What's Happening Now & What Happens Next
We’re working hard to ensure life in our communities remains vibrant and safe for everyone. S.A.F.E. Together represents Meridian Senior Living’s commitment to our residents, families and staff to do all we can to plan for a cautious reopening of our communities.
Safety has always been an important part of senior living, now we’re taking it to the next level.
- Screening for everyone’s safety: We streamlined our testing process to ensure 100 percent staff testing each month as well as new resident testing.
- Decisive action makes a difference: Our positivity rate among residents is less than two percent across 85 communities in the United States.
The people make the place.
- Good neighbors support good health: Social connections are important for older adults and can reduce the risk of cognitive decline, depression, heart disease.
- Safer and stronger together: Now is when community matters most. Living alone can be challenging, especially today — communal living means someone is always there.
Senior living is still an ideal option for people who want to live well.
- All of the perks, none of the chores: We take care of housekeeping, laundry, meal preparation, medication management and more.
- Social connections for every day: Our Life Enrichment Coordinators are finding creative ways to nurture social connections that contribute to cognitive, spiritual and physical well-being.
Our assisted, independent and memory care senior living communities are vibrant — and safer than ever. Are you ready to find your community?