Visitation is restricted to only essential visitors, including providers of essential health services and procedures, compassion visits, and vital situations as determined by the Executive Director. In late June, we implemented Table Talks at some of our communities as permitted by state and local authorities, which allows visitation by family members and their loved one outside our communities while complying with social distancing guidelines. To find out if Table Talks is offered, contact your local community.
The safety of our residents and employees continues to be our number one priority. The world has changed, and we've adapted by going above and beyond to maintain strict infection controls at our more than 80 communities nationwide. Our mission to bring extraordinary experiences to the lives of seniors means we take seriously our responsibility to provide compassionate and diligent care to our residents. We remain committed to seniors who need us, and our communities are open to new residents.
In March of 2020, we responded to the COVID-19 global pandemic with immediacy, implementing policies, procedures, training and education to guide and protect our residents, team members and communities from the threat.
In addition to this, our communities are:
- Following and adhering to the relevant CDC and local and state Department of Health guidelines.
- Screening all staff and residents for signs and symptoms of infection.
- Twice daily temperature checks of staff. Daily temperature checks for residents.
- Stringent infection control and best practices for cleanliness and sanitation
- Prohibiting all non-essential visitors in the building.
- Requiring staff to wear masks at all times.
- Quarantining both staff and residents immediately if exhibiting CDC-defined symptoms.
- Conducting proactive COVID-19 testing for any resident or staff based on CDC-defined guidelines for testing and Meridian Senior Living's testing policy (see below dropdown)
While we know many of the cities and towns in which our communities are located are beginning a phased reopening, we are taking a conservative approach to minimize the risk of exposure to the virus. We must also balance this with the well-being of our residents and the importance of their socialization. As soon as we can safely do so at our communities with permission by local departments of health, we will slowly reintroduce communal dining and larger group activities. S.a.f.e.Together is Meridian Senior Living's commitment to our families, residents and staff to do all we can to plan for cautious reopening of our communities. S.a.f.e.Together is not only for our residents but for staff who are working together to ensure life is as vibrant as possible in our communities.
We are proud to have started our Table Talks in some of our communities, allowing family members to meet their loved ones outside, while complying with social distancing and sanitation guidelines. We are working closely with state and local health officials to resume communal dining and socially distanced group activities as soon as allowed.