A week long celebration kicks off this Sunday, September 12, and The Wellington is joining tens of thousands of assisted living communities across the country for the festivities. National Assisted Living Week® – officially sponsored by First Quality in 2021 – continues through Saturday, September 18, and The Wellington honors this year’s theme, “Compassion, Community, Caring.”
“This year’s National Assisted Living Week is very special because of the enormous challenges of the past year,” said Dawn Anderson, Executive Director of The Wellington. “‘Compassion, Community, Caring’ reflects the hard work and dedication of all the caregivers in assisted living communities and highlights the importance of family and remaining connected to those you love.”
While adhering to safety requirements and precautions in place for COVID, activities offered this week at The Wellington include:
- Grandparents Day, Sunday, 9/12 - Hosting Sundae Ice Cream Social.
- Hawaiian Day, Monday, 9/13 - Serving Hawaiian Chicken, showing the movie Soul Surfer, playing Chair Beach Volleyball, playing pass the coconut, and offering Blue Hawaiian Mai Tai’s.
- Farmer’s Day, Tuesday, 9/14 - Playing Farm Games including Milk the Cow Game, and Farm Scavenger Hunt.
- Rockin’ 50’s Day, Wednesday, 9/15 - Rockin’ 50’s Day- Serving burgers, fries, and old fashion soda for lunch; Offering milkshakes and 50’s music in the afternoon; and Painting a 1950’s themed painting.
- Black and White Day, Thursday, 9/16 - Showcasing black and white foods such as blackened chicken alfredo and black forest cake; playing blackout BINGO; and devouring OREOS and milk.
- Family Feud Day, Friday, 9/17 - Competing Resident VS. Staff games and hosting a formal dinner with best dress for residents.
- Patriotic Day, Saturday, 9/18 - Wearing red, white, and blue; watching an Independence Day Movie; and eating red, white and blue popsicles.
“We encourage members of the community to keep in touch and visit The Wellington’s social media pages to stay informed during National Assisted Living Week,” said Anderson. “Also, engaging with our residents safely is a rewarding experience and makes a tremendous difference in their lives, especially right now.”
For more information about The Wellington or the activities hosted during National Assisted Living Week, call (701) 858-9800.